We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Now, we have millions of users across six countries and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a marketing manager who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You'll coordinate marketing activations and campaigns as we continue to scale our business in Côte d'Ivoire.
In this role, you'll:
- Work closely with our head of operations and payments for Côte d'Ivoire to plan and execute growth strategies for your market.
- Create clear and actionable project briefs and documentation that can lead and guide cross-functional teams in successful campaign production, from ideation to deployment.
- Collaborate with Brand, Design, and creative teams to ensure the production and delivery of assets and materials relevant to Wave Côte d'Ivoire objectives both in terms of growth and brand awareness.
- Lead and supervise full-funnel campaigns for Côte d'Ivoire across ATL, BTL, and Social Media.
- Use data to analyze and make strategic recommendations on new ways to optimize marketing programs.
- Report on country-specific user personas and behaviors, benchmarks, and market analysis.
- Location: Abidjan with travel upcountry (about once per month).
- Work authorization in Côte d'Ivoire required.
- This is a permanent position.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We offer generous health insurance for yourself and your dependents.
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized childcare when you return to work.
- We help you live your fullest life now! We subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space.
- Fluent in French, English.
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing at an FMCG, tech start-up, telecom company, or similar.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in relevant fields (marketing, communication, sales, business development, management…).
You might be a good fit if you
- Are data-oriented and analytical
- Have an extensive network of contacts across media, advertising networks, and vendors
- Are super detail-oriented and organized
- Are comfortable defaulting to overcommunication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and deal effectively with complexity and change.
- Are a compelling storyteller, in writing and verbal.
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world.
- We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We raised the largest Series A in Africa in 2021. Our world-class investors, include Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
- In 2022, we were on Y Combinator's top 50 companies by revenue.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Please add a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.