We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Now, we have millions of users across six countries and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Facilities officer who loves getting into the details, to effectively get things done. You will oversee and maintain Wave's buildings, operational areas, parking areas, and specialized equipment. You will also be required to coordinate with third-party service providers that Wave uses to maintain its property.
In this role, you'll:
- Maintain a well-organized work environment in our The Gambia office
- Ensure the general upkeep of facilities and equipment
- Maintain operational efficiency by planning and executing the purchase of equipment, layout, and office systems
- Follow up on bill payment for facilities utilities, including but not limited to offices (electricity, water, internet etc.)
- Coordinate and log work orders and sometimes assist with maintenance
- Coordinate office room bookings for meetings and trainings
- Manage contractors that complete repairs and regular maintenance, such as landscaping, cleaning, and painting.
- Address any building, connectivity, and office maintenance issues in the offices and housing.
- Be in charge of all logistics with future office moves and changes
- Be responsible for ensuring that all assets consistently meet building regulations
- Regularly inspect facilities to know and flag what needs attention.
- Own office lunch provision and build great working relationships with food suppliers and all vendors
- Location: Primarily based onsite in Kotu, The Gambia
- Work authorization in The Gambia is required
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months
- We offer generous health insurance for yourself and your dependents
- We support working parents - we offer generous parental leave policies (26 weeks for mothers and 4 weeks for fathers) and subsidized child care when you return to work
- We help you live your fullest life now- we subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes
- Airtime reimbursement
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- 5 years of proven experience in Facilities, Office Management or a similar position
- A bachelor's degree or Diploma in business administration or a related field
- Good English proficiency
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Expertise in working with diverse stakeholders to achieve complex and challenging objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Good data analysis skills
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Are analytical in your approach to problems
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Have developed processes and training with minimal guidance and have implemented them in an office environment
- Are a diplomatic team player who can also work autonomously
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world.
- We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We raised the largest Series A in Africa in 2021. Our world-class investors, include Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
- In 2022, we were on Y Combinator's top 50 companies by revenue.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Please add a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.